I know that there are other things I could totally be writing about until then, but I just feel so bad not recapping the wedding day yet. What else am I going to blather on about? Oh yeah...
It has been a month and a week since Josh and I got married and (excuse for not blogging #2) we have recently added a new addition to our little family. Meet Josh's other girl, Pepper:
Pepper in her Halloween costume. She's a bat!
I got to name her because in the great Josh tradition of coming up with lame names, the only name he could think of for her was "Black Beauty". I still snort-laugh when I think about that. Pepper's actually been a good name for her, mostly because when she "accidentally" poops in the house I get to quote one of my favorite movie lines-"That's why we can't have nice things, Pepper". The people that we got her from had named her Rihanna (talk about bad dog names) and called her RiRi (ugh, no).
I joke around that the dog is good baby practice, but she really is. For instance, I now know that Josh will probably be the first to wake up in the middle of the night to attend to a baby's bathroom needs (he gets up to take Pepper out), while I will probably just roll over and say "I think it's your turn again".
We can't wait to bring home Pepper's big brother, my dog Nacho. He's still in New Mexico but should be making the long trip out to be with us soon. In the meantime, I think she's enjoying being an only child and I'm totally in love with the fact that I get to come home to this little face:
Yeah, I'm one of those people that's constantly Instagram-ing
pictures of her dog.
How is everyone else doing? Do any of you have any new additions to your family?
Awww, Pepper is so precious! I totally wish Mr. E and I could adopt a pet after getting married: unfortunately, we'll likely end up in a no-pets-allowed apartment :(
ReplyDelete