Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Recap Time!

But before I get to jump into all of the pretty pictures and stuff, I have to tell you what happened first.
My original plan was to leave Texas on Wednesday before the wedding, but my mom really was not happy with that plan. She kept repeating that there was so much to do, simply too much to be done on Thursday and Friday alone. She talked about it so much that, with two weeks left to go, I changed my schedule at work and planned on leaving Tuesday. I knew that if I was running errands on Wednesday I would be doing it alone, because only Bridesmaid Mary and Sister-Friend would be in Santa Fe to help. My other two Bridesmaids wouldn't be getting into town until Friday night.
I spent the weekend before the wedding locked in our house, finishing last-minute DIY projects and packing up. Josh was going to leave a day after me, and I enlisted him to transport my dress and his suit along with a couple of decorations. The majority of things that needed to go with us were packed into my car on Monday night, and early (I mean 5 am early) Tuesday morning, I hit the road.

Personal photo via Instagram, taken after crossing the Santa Fe 
County line!

The drive is supposed to take thirteen hours, but I made it in about eleven-and-a-half. The trick to this was limited bathroom breaks and eating while driving. The latter is best done with junk food. My diet for the couple of days leading up to the wedding was horrible. I'd say it was probably 40% Moonpies, 30% Smartfood cheese popcorn, 15% Diet Dr. Pepper and 15% miscellaneous crap. Nonetheless, I managed to lose five pounds over three days. Don't ask, I have no clue.
Anyways, the downside to driving for eleven hours is that you feel like a zombie when it's over. Add to that the fact that I had gone from a city with an elevation of 367 feet to 7000 feet in that many hours and I was ready for a serious nap. I didn't nap, though. I busted out my handy dandy notebook and listed all of the things I would have to do in the coming days, unloaded my car and surveyed all of the supplies that we had had shipped to my mom's house (our linens, favor boxes, etc.). Then, I tried to pass out and had some of the worst sleep of my life.
I woke up the next morning feeling still exhausted, and then realized that I didn't really know what to do. Everyone else left for work and school that morning and I was left to my own devices. I assembled our favor boxes for the candy buffet and then twiddled my thumbs until Josh got into town at around six in the evening. We had dinner with his Dad and Step Mom and finally got to see the backyard. You might have noticed it if you got a look at our sneak peek, but HALLE-LOOO-YERRR the freaking water tank was out of sight! I did a little dance of joy. We still had a lot to do, but I wouldn't realize exactly how much until Thursday.
Did anyone else eat and sleep like crap before their wedding?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I totally feel you on this. I lost about 4 pounds the last three days before the wedding. I was too anxious to eat. The nights leading up to the wedding I got like 5 hours of sleep, and the night before I went to bed at 11 but I don't think I fell asleep til 1:30 or 2. It's funny, I wasn't worried about getting married at all, that was the best part. I was just so worried about everything going right and everything being in the right place at the right time, etc. I would lay in bed and just think about all the "what ifs" and it was driving me crazy. The first night after the wedding was the best sleep I had had in a long time (not the wedding night simply because I had a lot to drink and we had to get up early the next day).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that background, girl.

    ReplyDelete