No, we're not actually going to China. Sad.
But we did register for china! By no means are we fancy people, but someday I would like to be considered a sophisticated lady and I figure that part of being ladylike is having china. I would like to say to Josh, "let's get the china out, we've got guests coming." I know, I'm weird. When I told Josh about this scenario, he laughed at me.
Anyways, I do actually feel guilty about this whole registry thing. I love getting presents, especially when they are presents that I've selected but don't have to pay for. I just don't feel that great about selecting things over the fifty dollar mark. In addition to the china, we are registered for a crock pot, a Kitchenaid mixer (who doesn't register for one?) and some pots and pans that are kind of pricey. I also added Fiestaware to the registry for us to use as every day dishes because right now we are still using Josh's old plates and I can't wait to give those things to Goodwill.
Going back to the china issue-I was having a hard time selecting something that I would love to display and use for years and years, and then that wedding genius David Tutera saved me. He was on the CBS Morning Show a few days ago talking about registries, and he said that brides should really register for a couple of different china patterns. This would allow you to mix and match, and a bonus would be that you wouldn't have to struggle to try to replace a set with the exact same pattern if one happened to break. GENIUS, I TELL YOU. With this in mind, I selected three different patterns.
A beautiful Kate Spade setting with a pattern of leaves in platinum:
Another Kate Spade setting, this one with a ribbon pattern:
And a beautiful Lenox design:
I decided to go neutral with these, because while our house kind of looks like a couple of double rainbows exploded in here, I'm pretty sure we won't have the same Punky Brewster-esque color palette in our forever home. These babies average $130 per five-piece setting, so I'm not holding my breath that we'll actually get any of them, but I'm still crossing my fingers because I'm already in love with our imaginary table set-up for holiday dinners.
Anyone else register for wedding china?



No comments:
Post a Comment