Well, I am.
That means that we might have left some projects over until this week (!!!).
I was freaking out a little over the weekend about the possibility of not getting to finish every project I wanted to finish, but Josh has really helped over the past few days. He's not staying in Houston this week, opting instead to commute so that he can help me wrap up our to do list.
This weekend and yesterday, we took this:
and this:
and turned it into this:
TAH-DAH!
It's our ceremony backdrop! I spent Saturday night cutting six yards of broadcloth into two-inch strips. I dyed them using RIT's Tangerine dye, added some gold ribbon and sewed it all together. Josh assembled a frame out of PVC and spray-painted it copper, then topped it off with some orange glitter blast. We picked up a pretty garland yesterday to see how the whole thing would look together.
I absolutely LOVE it.
How great is this going to look at the end of my cloudy aisle runner?
We still have a couple of last-minute projects to complete, but we're packing up and getting ready to go already. I'm so excited!
Did anyone else leave any projects until the last minute?
I absolutely love it!! And that's so exciting! How long until your big day?
ReplyDeleteTomorrow, I'll be able to see my ten day forecast. You can bet on the fact that I'll probably check it every two minutes up until next Saturday.
Delete