Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fancy Lady Friends

I have to share my secret wedding-weapons with you.

from the left: Bridesmaids Mary and AZ, Matron of Honor Sister-friend and Maid of Honor Cartman

Aren't they gorgeous? The correct answer is yes. Yes they are, and as an added bonus, they are awesome.
Choosing the girls was the easiest process ever. Finding a dress that would look good on all of them? Not so easy, but close.
When I first started looking for bridesmaids dresses, I knew I wanted all of the girls to look similar but not exactly the same and I was determined that the dresses be comfortable. That was around the time I first saw convertible dresses used as bridesmaid dresses. The idea was great-the actual dress would be the same, but each girl could change it to suit her own style. I found TwoBirds Bridesmaids right away when I searched for convertible dresses, and I immediately fell in love with this style:

The TwoBirds Rosette in Windsor Navy

....And then I saw the price and my heart sank like an anchor. $595 for the full Rosette skirt. There was no way I was going to ask my friends to spend that much. Even if I could afford to cover half of the cost of the dress, it was still too much to ask for them to pay. 
With my heart now set on finding an affordable convertible dress, I did a search on Etsy and found Restoration Threads, a store with great reviews and gorgeous customer appreciation pictures. 

Gorgeous dress from Restoration Threads

Two things that completely sealed the deal for me: the dresses were under $100 and they were custom-made to each girl's measurements. Best of all, Bridesmaid AZ told me last night that Micah, the owner, has been incredibly sweet to deal with. There was a mix-up in the color of her dress, but Micah took care of it right away.
The girls will be wearing these with any metallic shoe of their choosing (silver flats, copper strappy heels, gold sandals, whatever) and styling their hair however they'd like to. I'm not going to be picky about either of those things because really, I want them all to look and feel beautiful. 
Was finding a dress for your bridesmaids easy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment