Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Unexpected Guests

So, I know that I've already written about our invitations, but it wasn't until today that I sealed up two very important ones that are being sent out tomorrow:


YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT.
I'm inviting George Lucas and JK Rowling. I also invited The President.
I'm pretty sure that these special guests won't be attending, but I also know that Josh would pee himself if George Lucas sent us a letter or congratulatory card. I don't know if he actually has time to do that, but I'm crossing my fingers and toes and hoping that I can give Josh a very cool and very us wedding gift in the form of a framed and signed George Lucas letter. JK Rowling gets an invite because she created the fictional character that I feel best represents me (Ms. Hermione Granger), and I thought I would be more likely to get a response if I sent that invitation straight to the UK instead of the publisher in New York.
I'm oddly nervous about these things going in the mail. I think the only fan letter I've ever written was to New Kids On The Block when I was like, seven or somewhere around that age.
How many times did I write George Lucas' name in this post? And, did you send any invitations to famous people? Am I crazy for hoping for a response?

4 comments:

  1. I sent our invitations to the president, minnie & mickey, & cinderella and prince charming. We just sent ours out a few weeks ago, so haven't heard anything back yet.

    And if only I read your post a few weeks ago I totally would have sent invitations to George Lucas and J.K. Rowling as well.

    And just letting you know I'm Miss Ariel on weddingbee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!
      I wanted to do Mickey and Minnie invitations too, but I just didn't get around to it. The invitation to the President was the very first one I sent out.

      Delete
  2. LOL, I added Tim Tebow to my Christmas card list three years ago (though I haven't sent out Christmas cards in four years).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ever get replies?!?! We got a letter from Lucasfilm, but it wasn't really what I expected.

      Delete