I'm talking about our invitations! They've been here for a while, but we're finally starting to get RSVP's back, which means these are out in the world now. I'm so excited about people seeing them, and I've already gotten a few comments about how cute and how us they are.
Wanna see?
Sorry about the weird edits, I took our last names out
We bought these from Fine and Dandy Paperie on Etsy and let me tell you, they were great. I couldn't make up my mind between tangerine and clementine for the orange, and they sent me proofs using the two different colors within about a half hour of my request (clementine won!). They printed 60 of these bad boys out on their fine art linen paper and shipped them out, and within a week of placing my order I had our invitations in hand. I love them.
Although they came with envelopes, I decided to make these extra-purty by using Cards and Pockets' Sparkling Sapphire envelopes. I hand-addressed them with white gelly roll pens and used Garden of Love and Love Ribbon forever stamps on them because yes, I am crazy and I totally thought everyone would notice the stamps.
I became obsessed with the idea of mini moo cards and had originally intended to use our engagement pictures for those. With my self-imposed deadline to send these out looming and our e-pics still nowhere in sight, I had to improvise. I took a few pictures with my phone, edited them with Instagram, and VOILA-behold my MINI MOOS OF AWESOMENESS:
our blog information, our wedding rings displayed on
the cover of Ready Player One (an essential nerd read), Lego Han and
Leia holding hands and the heart emblem from our RSVP postcards.
I hole-punched the moos with a Martha heart-shaped punch, stacked all of the pieces of the suite, and tied everything together with cherry and lemon Divine Twine.
Before I sent these off, I stamped the postcards so that people wouldn't have to look for a stamp to send these back to us. Some people got the Love Ribbon stamp, and some got the commemorative New Mexico stamp that the postal service released this year.
Stamping, hand-addressing and tying all of these invitations together took quite a bit of time, but I'm so happy I did it because I am in love with the way these came out. I didn't even really want to send them away, and now I can't wait to frame one and hang it in our house.
How did your invitations turn out?
Those are so cute! I love the colors and fonts. And oh man, Moo cards are the best, right?!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THE MOO CARDS! I'm trying to figure out something else to use these for because I love them so much!
DeleteOne of my friends ordered some with her blog's URL so she can hand them out to people she meets who might like her blog. :)
Delete