I knew I wanted capslock-screamy DRAMA in my ensemble somewhere, but I knew I didn't want it from the dress.
That opened the door for statement jewelry, specifically this gorgeous Kate Spade statement necklace.
The beautiful Kate Spade Moon River pearls, which I
can now only find on ebay.
I loved this necklace, but there was no way I was going to spend two hundred dollars on glass pearls. I kept looking, and then Mrs. Panther on Weddingbee posted a picture of her gorgeous necklace and I almost cried. I stopped my search for a while, but I couldn't get away from how much I loved her necklace. About a year and a half (!) after her original post about her wedding jewelry, I still remembered the name of the designer, Lee Angel, and decided to look at some of the company's other jewelry. I figured there was more pretty jewelry where that necklace came from.
I kept checking ebay, and one day the perfect necklace appeared. It was marked down to $45 from the original $250 because it was missing some stones, and after looking at it and slowly convincing myself over two days that I could fix it, I bought it. After I purchased my necklace, I went back to Mrs. Panther's old post to see exactly what her necklace looked like. Although the name of the designer had stayed with me, the details of the necklace itself had become a little fuzzy. I laughed when I saw that I had managed to buy the same necklace. It came three very long and agonizing days later and looked like this:
I immediately went to every craft store in town looking for glass rhinestones to replace the two that were missing, but I couldn't find anything. I tried googling "glass rhinestones" but still had a hard time finding what I was looking for. Finally, I came across the Etsy store Zhivana Supplies. I bought a set of four vintage glass rhinestones for $9, and when they came in I pried the remaining old stones out of the settings and replaced them with the vintage stones. I had originally thought of only replacing the missing stones, but the vintage stones had a lot more facets and seemed a little more sparkly than the original stones.
The top stone in the right picture is one of the vintage glass stones, the bottom
stone is one of the originals from the necklace. The picture on the left is of the repaired necklace.
I am totally in love with the finished result. Because the necklace is so large, I chose a couple of daintier pieces to round out my wedding jewelry look.
My pearl studs were a birthday gift from a great friend a couple of years ago, and the rose gold Kate Spade bracelet was a gift from Josh this past Christmas. I keep thinking about maybe getting another bracelet, but I'm still on the fence about it.
What kind of jewelry are you wearing on your wedding day?
No comments:
Post a Comment