Our first officiant, Josh's step dad, had to drop out of the wedding about a month ago and we've been struggling to find someone ever since. We were finally saved by Josh's dad. He suggested Father Richard, the man that officiated his wedding when he married Josh's step mom a few years ago. Josh talked to him today to arrange some things and was really surprised when Father Richard told him that the balance for his services has already been paid by Josh's dad.
I was pretty floored when Josh told me, and I reacted the way I always do when my future in-laws do something so completely sweet and unexpected.
Yeah, I teared up. There was something in my eye!
As for the bad news-it's not so bad, I guess.
I applied to blog for a website a couple of months ago and after five weeks of waiting I received a form rejection letter. It basically said that I could apply again in four weeks. I felt pretty discouraged, but I took a week off and then picked right back up with blogging.
I waited the four weeks and sent another application...and after waiting another almost five weeks, I received my second rejection today. I know it's not the end of the world or anything, but it kind of made me feel like the chubby kid who got picked last in gym class again (yes, I was totally that kid when I was younger). I contemplated whether or not to keep blogging, and I decided after releasing some aggression at the gym that of course I'm going to keep going. It's going to be really cool to be able to look back at this in a couple of years and remember the sheer panic I felt while planning my wedding.
Anyways, having someone to marry us far outweighs getting a rejection letter from a blog.
Did anyone else get some good news today?

I applied to be a blogger for a website too (weddingbee), and got rejected. I too felt like you did. But I realized that I blog because I want to write out my thoughts, not necessarily because I have an audience. And of course documenting the whole wedding process will be fun to look back on. Keep your head up!
ReplyDeleteAwww, don't worry about the rejection (I'm assuming it's a Weddingbee one!): people still definitely read your blog (I read it every time there's a new post!). And you're right, even just for yourself it'll be an awesome thing to look back on. Plus, I think your posts are awesome!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, yayyyy for having an officiant: and that's so amazing that Josh's dad had already paid the balance. So sweet!
Sorry about the blog-rejection, but I'm glad you'll still keep blogging. I find it a great outlet for all the little thoughts that maybe only I care about (obviously not true, but you know what I mean), just so they aren't stuck only in my head :)
ReplyDeleteAnd YAY for solving the officiant dilemma!
Thanks, ladies! I needed a little bit of encouragement today!
ReplyDeleteUm, so I missed this post and I'm going to go ahead and tell you that if you stop blogging I'm going to find you, introduce myself to you and then punch you in the face.
ReplyDeleteNow. That's out of the way.
That is the BEST news about your officiant. Way to go, kiddo.
(KEEP BLOGGING :threatening fist:)
I'm glad you decided to keep blogging...if not for us, then definitely for yourself. I really enjoy reading your blog and there are so many good ones that exist outside of Weddingbee. I want to print a hardcover book out of all my blog posts when I'm finished. I think it would be really neat and would make it seem like I have something tangible rather than just blog posts out in internet land. I look forward to hearing about the rest of the wedding details!
ReplyDelete