Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Mini Me

This weekend was very productive for me. Not only did I finish spray-painting the frames for the engagement pictures we'll be displaying at the reception, I finished our little wooden people cake topper!
One of my very first posts on this blog was about my love for MilkTea's cake toppers, but in that very same post I revealed the beautiful Melabowed topper that's going on top of our cake. I had already started working on the little wooden people when I ordered the other topper, and I didn't want the money spent on materials to go to waste. I also thought that the wooden topper would go nicely on our candy buffet table.
I didn't know that I'd get super lazy about all of the sewing that went into recreating my wedding dress for a clothespin person. I finally sat down this weekend and watched a couple of episodes of the Gilmore Girls and finally finished this:


I am so happy with how it turned out!




The little skirt took forever! It's what kept me from finishing it for so long!


Mini-Josh was much easier to complete, although I giggled like a freakin' loon while I was painting little freckles on his face. The most challenging part of putting him together was figuring out how to Modge Podge the little "Just Married" banner without smearing the ink (I just had to wait until the ink was fully dry).
All of the materials cost me around thirty dollars, and the sewing would have gone a lot faster had I just stopped procrastinating.
I can't wait until people see this at the wedding!
Did anyone else DIY their cake topper too?


2 comments:

  1. This makes my heart feel good! It's wonderful, holy crap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If it wasn't for Vera Wang and her intricate skirts I would have finished this a while ago. I'm stupid, so I insisted that the dress on Mini Me look the same.

      Delete