Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Blue Suede Shoes?

I wrote a post a couple of months back about my wedding shoes and how badly I wanted some navy polka-dot Kate Spade heels. I finally faced reality last month and realized that I will never get those navy heels. They are loooooong gone and they aren't coming back any time soon. But really, that's okay. I love my flats. There is a small problem, though-one that I didn't mention last time I talked about my lovelies.

Sorry for the horrifically blurry picture, but can you see it?

So, these shoes were sold out everywhere. Everywhere except for Ebay, that is and the very last pair that I found on Ebay were a size seven-and-a-half. My wide Fred Flintstone feet are a solid size eight in Kate Spades. I bought them anyway and thought I could stretch them out with my trusty blow drier and some rolled up socks jammed into the toe box, but my attempts haven't been as successful as I'd hoped. I still have shoe muffin-top.
The shoes have eased their death grip on my toes a little, but after five hours of solid wear they start to hurt like a mother. I know this because I've worn them to work for the past two days. I'm going to keep up my efforts to stretch these out, but today I had an idea. What if I bought some sneakers for the reception?

Oh, I LOVE this picture so much! From the Fave Pretty Things blog

I hadn't planned on being a two-shoe bride, but I absolutely love Adidas and used to wear them to almost every formal event I went to when I was younger. After the idea came to me, I started searching and found these on sale for forty bucks:

The Adidas Gazelle via Adidas

This weekend is tax-free weekend here in College Station, so I would be able to pick these up super cheap! I'm already picturing what kind of pictures we could get with Josh's gray Campus 2 shoes and my new navy Gazelles. As an added bonus, I'd be able to dance the night away without foot muffin top but still wear my Kate Spades for the ceremony! I'm still afraid to take the plunge, so please-give me your opinions!
Should I buy the shoes? Is anyone else going to do the shoe switcharoo?


No comments:

Post a Comment