Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Living Colorfully

A couple of months ago, when I wrote about our rings, I talked about how my original plan was to have this as my wedding band:

Gorgeous Pompeii 3 band

Of course, in that same post I also shared with you guys the wedding band that I got at Gordon's Jewelers that day because I'm a child and I hate to wait for things, even that gorgeous sapphire baguette ring.



Yesterday, I was checking the Weddingbee Boards at lunch when I noticed a post talking about Berricle. I had no idea what a Berricle was, but the author of the post had uploaded pictures of a gorgeous emerald eternity band. A quick Google search took me to the Berricle website where I found lovelies like these:

Berricle's bezel set and alternating stone eternity bands

This could not have come at a more perfect time. I'd been hoping that I'd get the sapphire baguette ring as a surprise wedding gift-but truthfully, we don't really have an extra $300 to drop on another wedding band for me right now. I still wanted a little pop of color or an interesting shape in my wedding set, and these rings would be perfect for that. Best of all, the bands are sterling silver and CZ so they are still budget-friendly* and I can get both of them! 
I also mentioned to Josh that I found the perfect stunt ring. Our "official" honeymoon will be a trip to Ireland next spring and I didn't really want to take my real engagement ring with me. Berricle has the perfect stand in:

I'm drooling over this asscher cut ring

It's beautiful, similar to my real engagement ring and I won't be afraid to lose it when we're travelling. I'm so glad I found this website and I'm super-excited about getting my new band. I will definitely be sharing pictures once it comes in!
Are you adding a little bit of color to your wedding set? Do you have a stunt ring?

*Berricle's August sale is ending today. I used the additional 20% discount as a selling point when I was pitching the idea to Josh last night.


4 comments:

  1. I don't have a stunt ring but I do have a miniature safe/ring box that goes with me everywhere I go. I love the beach a lot and I take it off before I go in the ocean... but then I freak out over and over every time I reach down and don't see my engagement ring. So maybe a stunt ring would keep me from developing ulcers?

    That emerald band is TO DIE FOR. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered the emerald band this morning! I really wanted the sapphire one, but green is my favorite color and Josh's pick over the sapphire version.
      I have lost jewelry in the ocean before and it's been devastating. I always take my ering off when I get home, and I'm worried I'd put it down in a hotel somewhere and then never get it back.

      Delete
  2. That stunt ring is absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad my e-ring was so reasonably priced and I don't need a stunt ring (I could just buy a replacement ring if I really did lose this one--though it would still be very sad), but if I did want to buy one, that ring would be a top contender: so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure of the monetary value of my ring, but I know that if I lost it no replacement would ever feel right. We'll be locking it up in the safe deposit box along with my real wedding band before we make any trips out of the country.

      Delete