Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

As Kelly famously said, "Oh My Gawd. Shoes."

Play this song, bop your head along with the killer beat and let's talk about me going out to GET WHAT I WANT.

Okay, see. The thing about getting what I want is, I don't think it's going to happen. It's most likely not going to happen. At least not when we're talking about shoes. I am a crazy shoe collector, so when I went on a mission to find the perfect wedding shoes to wear with my perfect wedding dress, I knew it was going to take a while. These shoes have big standards to live up to! I have a lot to take into account with these!
Because I am on my feet a lot in my current position at work, I haven't worn heels in about a year, but when I do, they are pretty high. I stand five foot three, so I can totally wear a pair of four inch heels and still be shorter than a lot of people. I was excited to look for the perfect pair, and then I remembered a very important detail.
My dad, who is walking me down the aisle, is only five feet tall. NOT KIDDING.
I quickly changed my search to flats before I found these:
Personal picture made purty by Instagram

I drove an hour to the nearest Kate Spade and burrowed through the boxes and harassed the salesgirls there. They didn't have my size, which was a bummer because they did have them on super-sale pricing and I had a friends and family discount coupon. It was no good. The only pairs they had were in a size ten. I drove back home and immediately got on ebay and found them priced slightly higher than the Kate Spade store was selling them for, but I was glad to get them at all. I was so excited about the shoes that I showed everyone that would stop to look at the pictures I had taken with my iPhone, but when I showed my mom her reaction was less than favorable. She made a face like she had just smelled something gross and said, "why are you wearing flat shoes? I haven't seen anyone wear flat shoes to their own wedding." Her reaction made me go into my first bridal meltdown and I started looking for another pair of suitable shoes.
I decided to stick with Kate Spade because of a new found obsession after buying the flats, so I started looking for anything navy blue or metallic. I knew I didn't just want ivory shoes but I was having a hard time finding anything. One day I got an email from Gilt saying that they were having a Kate Spade sale. I went to the sale and found these:
The Kate Spade Didi, sold out everywhere. I might be willing to barter my soul for these.

SOLD OUT. SOLD OUT. OMGOSDFOAJSL WHY GOD WHYYYYYYY???? These were absolutely perfect and NO ONE had them. I couldn't even find them on ebay. I requested an alert if these became available through Gilt again, but haven't heard anything-possibly due to the fact that these shoes are from last year's spring line. I recently saw a message board posting in which another girl was desperately looking for these exact shoes and I just shook my head and silently wished her good luck. If I haven't found them (and I've searched every corner of the internets), I doubt anyone is going to find them. At least not in a size 8. 
The upshot to all of this is that I will only be three inches taller than my dad while I'm wearing my gold flats.
Anyone else have trouble finding a dream shoe?



No comments:

Post a Comment