Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL

Come on. Everyone knows that this is the most fitting title for a ring post. Especially if a nerd is writing said ring post.
Anyhoodle, I had been bothering Josh for a few months about getting online and looking for a ring. I nagged and nagged, and you know what he did? He finally made up his mind and found a ring! HURRAY! He saved the link to the website that sold his "dream ring" and we put off going to get his finger sized. We put it off for so long that we replaced our computer and forgot all about the saved link. BUMMER.
We looked for the ring again but couldn't remember exactly what website sold it. Finally, I decided that enough was enough and dragged him to a jewelry store to get his finger sized. When we found the ring again, we'd be prepared!
We stopped at Gordon's Jewelers in our local mall and Josh shocked me with his first quick and definite decision ever. He picked a ring. While the salesgirl sized his finger, I browsed halfheartedly. You see, I had already chosen my ring. I wanted this pretty pretty precious:

Beautiful ring by Pompeii 3

I wasn't convinced that I would find anything.
My middle name should be "not so fast". I fell in love (AGAIN). I loved the fact that the band was substantial enough to wear alone and still complemented my engagement ring beautifully.

I swear it's really pretty, but my iPhone is 
jealous and purposefully takes bad pictures

We forked over some money and took our rings home. I swear it's been the easiest part of planning so far. 



I still love the ring from Pompeii 3 and I haven't given up hope on someday owning it. Maybe I'll have to drop some heavy hints to Josh. After all, I don't think he has any idea yet what he'll get me as a wedding gift.
Were any of your big purchases easier than expected?

2 comments:

  1. Your ring looks gorgeous, despite your phone being jealous! Ahah and love the nerdy title of this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still debating whether or not I should get the sapphire ring or just get another band like the one I already have. My excuse is that my poor e-ring looks lopsided with just the one.

      Delete