Me: "What were you thinking as far as colors for the wedding?"
Josh: "Um...how about blue and orange?"
Me: "I WAS THINKING EXACTLY THE SAME THING"
I wasn't lying. I was thinking the exact same thing.
We had already agreed on September, with our target dates being either the twenty-second or the twenty-ninth. That counts as fall in Santa Fe, because right around that time the trees start looking like this:
Not kidding. That's an actual picture of Santa Fe's
beautiful ski basin, courtesy of the US Forest Service
I wanted fall colors, but I didn't think of brown as a fall color. I wanted reds, oranges and yellows. I knew that we could incorporate those colors in our flowers, but I still wanted some neutrals to balance out what could potentially be a really LOUD color palette. I chose navy as the first of the "base" colors because it's a great neutral, one of my favorite colors and it looks great on almost everyone. When we decided that the guys in the bridal party would be sporting gray suits, I had my second neutral.
With the power of the interwebs to help me, I put this together, mainly to show myself that the outcome wouldn't be HIDEOUS, OH NO MY EYES!
You guys, it's a miracle! I saved my sources this time! 1. Wedding Chicks,
7. Celebrations at Home Blog, color swatches from 100 Layer Cake's Colorboards
It turned out even prettier than I imagined! I know that whenever people ask about the colors we've chosen (and trust, they will always ask, usually after "when's the big day?"), they give me a weird look because they can't picture it all working out. Remember, visual aids are our friends!
So far, we've done a pretty good job of keeping things within our color scheme. I can't wait until I can make another board like this using pictures from our wedding.
Did you make an inspiration board to see what you were getting yourself into?

No comments:
Post a Comment