Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Flower Power!

I know I have already talked about our vendor brush-off, and in that same post I mentioned that we hit the florist jackpot soon after that. Allow me to expand upon that story!
I think I've also mentioned along the way that our budget is not the biggest. My mom is paying for a lot of the wedding and Josh and I are paying for a big chunk of it also. When I heard what people generally think of as "normal" for floral costs for weddings, I thought that it was going to be a detail that we'd have to do without. I toyed with the idea of DIY-ing paper flowers or using silk flowers, but once I saw how much silk flowers would cost, that idea was out the window.
I convinced myself that it couldn't hurt to look, and I contacted the first florist. She proceeded to blow me off after our first conversation. I kept hunting for someone that wouldn't ask for our firstborn in exchange for a few bouquets.
 I contacted Margaret Bost after seeing some pictures of her work and reading her impressive reviews. I read her buzz page and I knew that there was absolutely no way that we could afford this. My annoying, cheerful, trusting inner self told me to take a chance. "Send her your inspiration board," annoying me said. I finally gave in and sent Margaret my floral picture cluster. I crossed my fingers and my toes and my eyes and hoped that it would cost less than a used car. I'm talking, less than a '76 Honda Civic Hatchback. Okay, maybe not that cheap but right around the same neighborhood.

My inspiration board. No, I didn't save the sources
because my whole life is one big senior moment right now.

I sent this to Margaret and she responded with some suggestions and tweaks, and then told me what every bride wants to hear. She's giving me what I want. Best of all, it's not costing me an arm and a leg or even a spleen! Super-impressive, considering the fact that the woman's work is floral genius. SEE?



So far, I have been nothing but impressed with her. She has responded quickly to every question I've had, she's been incredibly patient and she has been giving me great advice. Her opinions matter, because as a professional she knows what she's doing.
I can't wait to see what Margaret does. I know it's going to look wonderful.
Did you score a great vendor after getting the brush off?

No comments:

Post a Comment