I don't even know where this one came from. Anyone love
these Ryan Gosling things as much as I do?
Does anyone else feel the terror creeping up on them? Things have been going a little too smoothly thus far and it's freaking me out!
I'm pretty crafty, but I'm absolutely horrible at pacing myself. I keep telling myself that I have plenty of time, September is still a bit away. When people say, "Oh, September! Your wedding is coming up soon!" I shush them and cover my ears. I have a list of things that I'm going to do and although the list seems short, I know I will probably be working up until the last minute to get things done. I'm going to share the list of projects that I'll be working on and posting over the next couple of months.
- I collected some special edition coke bottles over Christmas and we're using them to put flowers in for the ceremony. I'm painting them with Vitrea to make them look like amber glass. Or, I plan on painting them with Vitrea.
- I'm still working on my wooden people cake topper. Everything is done except for the wooden bride's little dress, which I've been sewing by hand. I didn't think it would take this long but I've already put about six hours of labor into it. Six hours doesn't sound like a lot, but considering that the dress is only two inches long, it is a lot.
- We have yet to even find a mailbox for our card box. I know I can just buy one at Home Depot, but I haven't even looked. This project seems like it will be fairly quick to complete.
- I started on monogrammed bags for my bridesmaids a couple of months ago and they are still not done. To be fair, at the time I thought I would only have three bridesmaids instead of four and now I have that last bag to make.
- I designed a "New Mexico is For Lovers" logo to use on some totes for our out-of-town guests. We'll probably be giving these bags out at our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding, that is, if we actually finish the bags. I still need to buy the iron on transfer paper and print the picture out. Oh yes, and I need to buy the bags to put the logos on.
- I decided a couple of days ago to make my own bunting for our candy buffet. This should be pretty easy, but I'm a procrastinator so it might take months!
- I'm still working on my cloudy aisle runner. It's coming out beautifully, but it's also a slow-moving project. I think I have painted all of three yards. Only 97 yards to go!
What DIY projects are you tackling?

No comments:
Post a Comment